So this year my little munchkin is graduating preschool. And our school asked the parents to please make their child a graduation cap. They asked that we be creative but stick with the colors they had chosen.
So obviously where would I go to find a great how-to… PINTEREST. I found some great pins but stuck to one pin that I used as my template to make my little ones cap.
I purchased poster board and a foam poster board at the Dollar Tree. Got a few extras just in case. So that was easy . Picked up some sticker letters , stars and some glitter spray on paint at Wal-Mart.
– Using a ruler I cut out two squares . I cut a 12 x 12 size squares.
– To give the cap portion a bit more stability I taped the colored poster board into the foam board.
– I sprayed both pieces with the glitter paint. I choose a nice gold glitter that shows great on the dark blue paper. Easily dried within 5 min.
– Decorate each piece to your liking. You can use paint, stickers, markers. Use your imagination.
– Then glue both pieces together. I choose to cement glue it instead of taping it because I know he will drop it or it will fall on the floor a few times.
The tassel was super easy to make.
– On a three inch piece of paper roll the thread around a few time. You can do it as many times as you want. Tie up one and cut the loops to make the tassel portion. Attach a string to your specific length from the cap portion and allow it to just hang.
Have comments let me know. Don’t forget to follow me on twitter and facebook.